The Bachelor of Science in Fitness Programming and Management prepares students to work with individuals to improve athletic performance and optimize health across the lifespan. Students acquire the knowledge and skills in exercise technique analysis, individual and team exercise programming, and performance indicators beyond physical health. Fitness Programming and Management will prepare students for a career in strength and conditioning, personal training, and corporate wellness.
Graduating students will be:
- Competent in exercise training for high school, collegiate and professional athletics, tactical personnel, and special populations.
- Qualified in designing and implementing effective exercise training programs to enhance sports specific performance.
- Skilled in exercise assessment, administration, and evaluation of exercise testing.
- Connected with a network of strength and conditioning coaches and other fitness professionals.
- Prepared to take national certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) for Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Tactical Strength and Conditioning (TSAC-F), Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT).
Common Career Paths
You can do nearly anything with a Mizzou degree, but here are some common career paths taken by graduates of this major:
If you are a Prospective Student
You strive to be the best version of you. You are ready to create your own adventure. If this sounds like you—you’ve got Tiger Pride already. We invite you to take the next step.
If you are a Current Student
Speaking with an adviser will help us chart the best path for academic success.